- Hacking Reference Checking
- The Music Never Stopped
- The Toughest Person I Know
- This Is What The Apocalypse Looks Like?
- Finding Obsession in Iceland
- A Little Grace In The Middle Of Some Mayhem
- Some Gray Haired Insights For New Investors
- Act Like You’ve Been There Before…
- Who Benefits From Your Success?
- Taking The Plug Out Of “Unplugged”
Category Archives: TechStars
We all acknowledge the critical nature of thorough reference checking as it relates to hiring or investing in someone. However, given that most people are reticent to offer a negative reference, most of us struggle with extracting the type of … Continue reading
Four years ago Michelle Crosby sat down in my office and told me about her plan to completely disrupt the divorce industry. Her story was fascinating: A child who watched her parents go through a brutal divorce becomes a divorce … Continue reading
Englishman Phillip Astley is credited with creating the first circus in 1768 in England. A war-trained accomplished equestrian, he parlayed his advanced riding skills into a post Seven-Years War career when he opened a riding school where he rode his … Continue reading
Over the last few months, I’ve watched three separate episodes of blowups between co-founders or between CEOs and board members. In each case, it’s evident in hindsight that it wasn’t a single act, but historically poor communication which led to pent up anger that ultimately … Continue reading